Sunday, July 27, 2008

First Blog of 2008-2009 School Year!


Dear Parents and Students,
I have just started a class blog! This will be a great way to share student work. Each week (or so, depending on what's going on in the classroom, and how willing parent volunteers are to help) we will post student-written articles and other work. You will be able to type the blog address on any computer to see what is happening in Miss Singley's 3rd grade classroom.
Instead of the common, "What did you do at school today?" with the response, "Nothing," you can go to the blog and see how fun and exciting 3rd grade really is. I will also be able to post other important information like upcoming field trips and other school events.
Some of you may be concerned about having too much information given over the internet. In order to keep the anonymity of each child, we will have pen names for each child. For some reason, a pseudonym is just about the most exciting prospect possible for 8 and 9 year olds! It will be more than thrilling. We won't use last names ever, and if you are concerned that no pictures are posted of your child, please let me know. I'll send home a permission slip at the beginning of the school year.
I can't wait to have you all on board!
Miss Singley

4 comments:

Tammy said...

This is a wonderful tool that will extend the classroom into the home. Thank you! We will be avid followers of the blog.

cassie said...

I'm so glad you like it!

Dixon Holmes said...

wow this should be fun for hannah to follow, hannah's dad

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thank you.